torsdag den 4. december 2014

534 days

534 days since my exchange adventure ended.

It has been a while since I wrote on my blog last time. I've needed the time to recover and let all of my experiences sink in and work through them. Being an exchange student was way harder than I ever could have imagined. I've learned a lot. But I've certainly gained lots of scratches to my soul. A year like this should teach you lessons not leave you wounded.

When I first arrived to America I had no idea what would happen. Emotions like loneliness, real happiness, anger and to feel appreciated was out of a sudden something I could feel. I was taught to hold my tongue and care for people. But also what I want to put up with. Don't get me wrong - I was no angel but what I had to go through was not for a 16 year old girl with insecurities.

There were times (actually a lot of them) where I wanted to return to Denmark and never look back. Go home before I was suppose to and find peace. But would that fix anything? Probably not. I held on and I am so proud.

But why didn't I leave if I felt this bad? The reason why my exchange year was as great as it was, was only because of my friends. And I want to thank you. All of the friends that I still talk to, the friends that I have spoken to a few times, the friends I've Skyped, the friends that I haven't spoken to since I left, and the friends I made in Civic with Mr Spiece or my drama class with my favorite teacher Ms Morrone. THANK YOU. I could not have made it without you. Everytime I thought about giving up or going home, you were the reason why I stayed. I will never be able to thank you enough.
But a special thanks to you, Rebekah, for letting me stay with you and your family while I visited the Spring 2014.

I don't know if I'll ever return. The plan was not to, but somehow I still got to see some of my best friends again. And I wouldn't trade it for anything.

This was all. Thank you for following my adventure in the amazing States. I'm out!

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

Ris og ros modtages gerne, men spydige kommentarer vil blive fjernet.